Each topic faces a balancing act. A relationship can be off balance in either direction. There are 2 unhealthy extreme ways of handling each topic and there is a healthy middle: The Third Option.
This workshop defines respect as the cornerstone of a healthy relationship. Respect means how we treat each other. Participants learn that they can be off-balance in either direction: not respecting others enough, or not respecting themselves enough. Respect is foundational.
- Building a Climate of Respect
- Ending the Blame Game
- Understanding Expectations
- Redefining the Power Struggle
- Coping with Control Issues
- Listening Beyond the Words
- Appreciating Personality Differences
- Recognizing Childhood and Emotional Baggage
- Handling Anger Constructively
- Speaking the Truth in Love
- Learning How to Fight Fair
- Breaking the Hurt Spiral
- Forgiveness and Repair
- Rebuilding Trust