How do we go about solving the power struggle when we see it operating in our relationship? The goal of this workshop is to help couples recognize when power issues may be operating in their relationships and to teach them how to get their relationships more in balance.
Our partner is not our opponent, but our partner. We are a team! Competition is fine in sports, business, etc. In a romantic relationship, COOPERATION is needed, not competition.
We may think we may need to win in our marriage or romantic relationship, but that’s not what we need. When one person wins, then both lose.
- Building a Climate of Respect
- Ending the Blame Game
- Understanding Expectations
- Redefining the Power Struggle
- Coping with Control Issues
- Listening Beyond the Words
- Appreciating Personality Differences
- Recognizing Childhood and Emotional Baggage
- Handling Anger Constructively
- Speaking the Truth in Love
- Learning How to Fight Fair
- Breaking the Hurt Spiral
- Forgiveness and Repair
- Rebuilding Trust